Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"No One Can Do It Better" - John Legend v. The Roots

Once again we present to you...No One Can Do It Better. In the last installment, we pitted the prettiest man on the planet against Kasseem Dean's future babymoms. We find ourselves with another great match up of Johnny Patron and the Legendary Foundation.

The Contender : John Legend - Another Again (2006)



versus

The Challenger: The Roots - Doin' It Again



Styles Davis says, "It's hard to go against the The Roots. John is my main man, but with the added instrumentation and the crazy verses by one of the game's most underrated, Black Thought...I gotta go with Philly's Finest."

Johnny Soultrane says, "I mean this isn't very close. Simple mathematics folks. John Legend x The Roots >>>>> John Legend. Motherfiduck the wagon...I choose the band."

Mr. Strayhorn Fritzington says, "While I admire the virtuosity of The Roots, I must tip my hat to the talented Mr. John Stephens and his Ivy League credentials. The lush piano playing is lost within the heavy hip-hop bass provided by The Roots. I shall go with John.

Yao Mingus says, "I almost want to go with John on this one, but The Roots revamped a song that was four years old and managed to make it a fresh cut as if I had never heard the original before. The Roots.

Buddy HoodRich says, "I can lowkey bump some John Legend...but only when he's on his "She Don't Have To Know"/"Number One" cheating tip. I can't ride out to some emotional John Legend in the whip. I go with the Hip-Hop version out of basic HoodRich principles. Black Thought brings that boombap...and I can dig it."

The Roots win 4-1.

-The Styles Davis Quintet



No comments:

Post a Comment